Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL 2017 Vacancy
The Central Government has announced that they will hire as many as 2.2 Lakh people from March, 2015. Out of these a maximum of 70,000 vacancies, will be created in Income Tax, Excise and Customs Department. Approximately 14 lac candidates appear for the SSC CGL exam every year. The SSC CGL Exam 2016 had an initial count of 4500 to 5000 vacancies. However, the number of vacancies was increased to 9000 later. For 2017 CGL Exam, the number of vacancies as declared by Staff Service Commission of India is 8089. Earlier the number of Vacancies were 3805.
Click Here for More Details about SSC CGL 2017 Updated Vacancies
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
The schedule for the SSC CGL 2017 exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2017 and make sure to complete the process in time.
SSC has published the revised schedule of all the exams to be conducted by SSC during 2017-2018. According to the latest update, the Combined Graduate Level Examination – 2017 Tier-II (CBE) will be conducted from 18.01.2018 to 20.01.2018. Initially, CGL Tier-2 was scheduled on 21st to 24th December 2017.
Application starts form 15th May 2017
Last date for registration 19th June 2017
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam 5th Aug to 23rd Aug 2017
SSC CGL Tier-II(CBE) 18.01.2018 To 20.01.2018
SSC CGL Tier-III (Des) 31.03.2018
SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam May/ June,2018 (SKILL)
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Centre
The list of exam centres for SSC CGL Exam 2017 has been released by SSC with the official notification of SSC CGL 2017
Click Here to view List of Centres
BUY SSC CGL 2017 ONLINE TEST SERIES
SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. The exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. While the first two are online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CGL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. Exam Pattern - The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
Tier Type Mode
Tier – I Objective Multiple Choice Computer Based (online)
Tier – II Objective Multiple Choice Computer Based (online)
Tier – III Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi Pen and Paper mode
Tier – IV Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test Wherever Applicable
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
• SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
• Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• Reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
• Tier II will remain same.
• No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus
Since the SSC CGL is comprised of 4 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes. The subject-wise details are given below:
Section Subject No of Questions Max Marks Exam Duration
1 General Intelligence and Reasoning 25 50 60 minutes
2 General Awareness 25 50
3 Quantitative Aptitude 25 50
4 English Comprehension 25 50
Total 100 200
View SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus (Click Here)
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
Paper Subject No of Questions Max Marks Exam Duration
1 Quantitative Abilities 100 200 2 Hours
2 English Language and Comprehension 200 200 2 Hours
3 Statistics 100 200 2 Hours
4 General Studies (Finance & Economics) 100 200 2 Hours
View SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus (Click Here)
• Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
• Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
• Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
• Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
• The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
• The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10+2 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules - Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS(Assistant), MEA(Assistant), Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC], Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC] & Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Preparation
SSC CGL exam preparation must be done in a systematic manner, with latest exam pattern in mind. Since the syllabus covers a lot of topics, it is important to choose the right study material so that you can understand the concepts and practice a wide variety of questions as well. Apart from self study you can join any Coaching and Online Test Series for better exam preparation.
SSC CGL Mock Tests and Online Test Series
Gyan Mandir provides Online Test Series for various Bank & SSC exams (like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IBPS, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SBI, RBI, NABARD etc), which are well-researched and closely emulate the exact exam pattern. Practice papers are prepared keeping in the mind the last years exam pattern and exptected changed in the pattern and level of questions.
BUY SSC CGL MOCK TEST SERIES
SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2017. The 4 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2017, which are tabulated below:
Click Here to view New Age Limit for SSC CGL 2017
Age Limit Name of post Department / Ministries Grade pay
18-27 years Inspector Central Bureau of Narcotics 4600
Auditor Officer under C&AG 2800
20-30 years Assistant Section officer Central Secretariat Service 4600
Assistant Section officer Ministry of Railway 4600
Assistant Section officer Ministry of External Affairs 4600
Assistant Section officer AFHQ 4600
Sub Inspector Central Bureau of Investigation 4600
Not Exceeding 30 years Inspector, (Central Excise) CBEC 4600
Inspector (Preventive officer) CBEC 4600
Inspector (Examiner) CBEC 4600
Assistant Audit Officer Indian Audit & Accounts Department Under CAG 4800
Assistant Audit Officer Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG 4800
Assistant Section Officer Intelligence Bureau 4600
Inspector of Income Tax CBDT 4600
Up to 30 years Assistant Enforcement Officer Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue 4600
Sub Inspector National Investigation Agency (NIA) 4200
Up to 32 years Junior Statistical Officer M/O statistics &Prog. Implementation 4200
The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2017 and is listed below:
SSC CGL Post Educational Qualification
Assistant Audit Officer Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
Compiler Posts Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
All Other Posts Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL 2017 Online Application
The online application for SSC CGL 2017 exam will begin after the release of the official notification. The last date to apply online is 19th June, 2017
Click Here to APPLY ONLINE
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
• Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
Click Here to Download SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Admit Card
SSC CGL Results 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected in the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
Click Here to View SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Result & Cut-Off
Click Here to View SSC CGL 2016 Final Result
SSC CGL Cut Off:
Click Here to View SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Cut-Off
SSC CGL 2017 Answer Key
The official answer key to the SSC CGL Tier-1 exam is released by Staff Selection Commission within 10 to 15 days of the successful completion of Tier-1 exam. Candidates can use the answer key to calculate their approximate marks and expected ranks in SSC CGL Tier-1 exam.